Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Working On Collages

Now that the 'painting' year is over for the moment, I am working on collages for the 14th International Collage Exchange .  I was delighted to be included in last year's exchange, so signed up again.  Of course, while I'm on a roll, I will do more than the required baker's dozen and keep them for exhibition.  Might even sell them, if I'm lucky.

Here are a few of the first ones...

Empress
Painted paper, handmade paper, wooden fan blade, doily.


Jewel Of The Orient
Found, handmade, and painted papers, bottletop, glass bead.


Brainwaves
Watercolour and handmade papers, cutout, inkjet transparency, acrylics, silver joss paper, calculator circuit.

For other collagists out there... why not consider joining the Exchange this year?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,
    your collages are beautiful! I scrolled down to your lovely Christmas cards, too. Thank you for your comments and support . . . Happy New Year and all the best in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Jo, so creative and on a roll, love then all, I might have a look into joining Exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring creations, Jo, and all three so different. I think my bfavorite is the "Jewel of the Orient", but the others are beautiful, too. Hope you'll sell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo Jo
    I am drawn to your fan blade...I see we collect some of the same treasures

    your collages are wonderful...and must be even more fab in person

    Brainwaves is very cool with the black netting...you do so well at naming your artwork too!

    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your so creative with your collages. Wishing you all the best for 2012 as well, here's to another fun year full of creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time flies.... Can't believe it's that time again! You are off to such a good start Jo. Wishing you all the best for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like collage work although I've never done much.You inspire me, my husband and I are still laughing from your comment about making room for the bird to land,,thats a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Each so different, each so cool. They look fairly small which is a great idea - small for bigger impact! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete