Friday, October 11, 2013

More 4" x 4" - Yellow

"I actually posted this several days ago, but found that I didn't care for the way the images looked (sorry those who said such nice things). They have now been reworked, and I'm much happier....Jo"

Following on from my previous post on 4" x 4" canvases, my next series is basically yellow.
 



 

 

 

'A Long Time Ago....' is based on a time before the things I am familiar with were called 'vintage'.  Old photos, weighing machines that printed out character traits, handwritten letters.  It is about memories of early travels, and other snippets of trivia.

It's funny how your early memories get jumbled...a bit of this, a bit of that.

 

9 comments:

  1. No apology needed. Usually when I sign my name, my artpiece is done. But, once in a while, I see a spot that really bugs me, and so I redo it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Reworks can be real challenging. If you're happy, I'm happy. Just that simple. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the others but when I went to leave a comment, the page was gone so guess you'd already removed it. From my memory, it seems you've added the stronger white line element (a path, to me)...in a way reminiscent of your aerial view paintings. I like the old photos you've managed to incorporate and make feel such a part of the overall design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went to look at the previous post just to compare because I did like the first ones. These are equally pleasing and I love admiring your compositions and learning from them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these better the white line defines the photos and print better without being jarring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yellow in this piece! Right now outside my window is a very old tree filled with the most marvelous shade of yellow that fills the room with golden light. Of course it has crept into my painting! So you see, your collage connects with all this. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad it's not just me that reworks pieces and then humbly reposts them! The colours you chose are what I see outside right now. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the hidden and the revealed in these pieces. Soft yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post your given information does help me a lot knowing that you have shared this information here freely.

    HP - 12.5"EliteBook Notebook 4 GB Memory - 500 GB Hard Drive

    HP - 15.6"ProBook Notebook 4 GB Memory - 500 GB Hard Drive

    ReplyDelete